Tuesday 26 November 2013

Jeff Cavins

I'm Not Being Fed by Jeff Cavins
The number one Catholic eating disorder: I'm not being fed.
hungry: You will find some place to eat.
You will find a place to be fed.
The Eucharist that brought me back to church.
I wasn't spiritually being fed.
Who ultimately has the responsibility to feed you? JC
Psalm 23
many options in the wilderness
Jn 10:11 I am the Good Shepherd. The Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.
Paraclete: the HS
He established the Authority.
1 Tim 3:15 The Church that is the pillar and support of the truth.
MT 16:13
Mt 16, Jn 14, 31
discipline, guidance
Jn 23
If you love Me, feed my sheep, tend my sheep.
asked 3x to Peter
He has doubts.
This is My Body.
Where do the sheep eat?
Jn 6: the most powerful chapter in the NT where to eat
we feed ourselves, it's fun
Fellowship is just like dessert.
Jn 6: the feeding of the 5k
Mk 6: same story
a model of Mass
Jn 6:33
He felt compassion for them bec they were like sheep w/o a shepherd.
We need a shepherd.
Mass: the liturgy of the Word and the liturgy of the Eucharist
the Word and the Body of God
the Mass is the great exchange
we give Him our words & He gives us our words.
My flesh is true food.
I left the Church bec I wasn't being fed.
covenant: eat the sacrifice
God will provide the Lamb.
Catholic Church: a cycle of readings, 3 years' cycle all NT
Rev 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...