Monday 10 October 2011

Community Discussion

This should be called community meditation. But I was tempted to take part in the community discussion last night at PLW (Prayer and Life Workshops).

One of my diligent classmates raised the point on mendicancy. He supports it. While I already composed my thoughts and wanted to take part in the discussion, I opted to keep silent. Several others aired their views and opinions. It was time for community meditation after all, not community discussion. So I'm just going to air my views here. Thanks to this free space, God! And thanks to the freedom of speech in my country!

Based on my research as a missionary writer, it is the duty and responsibility of every Christian to practice the spiritual and corporal acts of mercy. I already did my part except for welcoming a homeless into my house since I don't have a house to call my own in the first place. Having been a committed servant in one of the ministries which cater to the needs of street children, we're advised not to give money to the people living in the streets because that will just reinforce them to continue doing so.

To give or not to give? Just listen to the voice of God that speaks to your heart and soul...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...