Monday 5 September 2011

No Turning Back

I got this message from one of my fellow "pilgrims" in our PLW last night.

"In our services, we have no right to resign because God appointed us there."

Very apt and timely. It was as if God is reassuring me that I'm still doing the right thing albeit the world says otherwise.

Everybody's telling me the same thing over and over again. Choose one ministry only. You're not a superwoman. (That I know for sure. Just look at my stature.) If I were to heed their sensible advice, they would probably frown on my decision. Buckets of tears will also fall. Flimsy friendships (those laid without a solid foundation) will probably shatter.

Two of my friends who gave me advice were insinuating that I drop two ministries and choose one over the others. Unfortunately, it was not my choice if I were confronted with a forced choice. I'd choose the ministries where I'm needed most, and I have two in mind right now.

No ministry is more important than the other. Good thing that God is not forcing me to choose from all the good choices. He has continued to sustain me from all the abuses I (and the other people I allowed) have inflicted on my physical body.

If they really pity me, they'd stop depending on me too much. I don't need anybody's pity. I had wallowed in that for the longest time. And for the longest time, I've been trying to wean them from their dependency. I've been pushing myself to my limits because of the expectations of other people. My gauge has been perfection ever since.

I repeat: The ministry will still be okay, with or without me.

If my physical health is the trade-off for my breakthrough this year, I'd still do the same things over again. It's a necessary sacrifice after all.

Trying to live a life of no regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...