Tuesday 18 June 2013

Autobiography of St. Therese

"... your soul is very simple, but when you are perfect, you will be more simple still. The nearer one gets to God, the simpler one becomes.
Now I wish for only one thing -- to love Jesus even unto folly! Love alone attracts me." - The Autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux: The Story of a Soul 

What is one thing your soul is wishing for? 

"The Lord is a Rock upon which I stand; He teaches my hands to fight and my fingers to war. He is my Protector and I have hoped in Him." - The Autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux: The Story of a Soul

Where do you get your protection and hope? In your darkest and scariest nights, look up and make a silent prayer. Someone listens... :D

"The power of prayer is really tremendous. It makes one like a queen who can approach the King at any time and get whatever she asks for.
For me, prayer is an upward leap of the heart, an untroubled glance towards heaven, a cry of gratitude and love which I utter from the depths of sorrow as well as from the heights of joy. It has a  supernatural grandeur which expands the soul and unites it with God."  - The Autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux: The Story of a Soul

Prayer is a two-way communication between the one praying and God. It should be as indispensable as taking a bath to cleanse one's body. We pray to commune with God and cleanse our souls among other reasons. "Protect your sacred half hour, and your sacred half hour will save you." - Father Ignacio Larranaga

Who do you run to when your soul needs saving?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...